Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Problems, Part 1

Okay, so now that I am in a safe haven, and feel comfortable enough to talk about what was really going on in Istanbul, I will open up now.
I have not told anyone in my family about what has occurred, simply because there is nothing anyone could have done, or still can do….I got myself into this mess, and now I must get myself out. This process will give me the adventure of a lifetime, one that I originally never would have had the chance to have!
So, March 29th, 2013, I flew into Istanbul, Turkey.  I had made an agreement, $800 per month for 3 to 6 months, depending on visa issues. I was to only work when the kids were around and the rest of the time, do as I pleased. What actually happened was far from the agreement, and made me less free.
I ended up in a tight security housing complex in Beykoz, Istanbul, a part near the Black Sea. I had my own room, and everything seemed correct, as agreed upon, when I first arrived. The kids were at the house and we were talking a lot, spending time together…until one day the kids went to their mother’s house, in the same complex. The first three days of me being in Istanbul, the kids were where they were supposed to be, but now I was left alone with the father.
Th father didn’t necessarily try anything on me, but he suggested quit a bit that women are always looking for a free ride, but they “need to learn they have to pay up sometime.” This asshole could turn any conversation into a conversation about sex, and I was tired of it….he even told me that if I wanted to see Istanbul, I would have to sleep with him or his brother! Ew! 1. I am NOT that kind of woman, 2. he is old and gross
On top of this, I had to deal with the gardener, who was also the driver, who would enter my room without knocking and tried to get me drunk when the father was out of town. First of all, I don’t drink alone with a man, second, I HATE whiskey, and third, you are a disgusting excuse for a “man.”
So, by the end of the month, the kids have only been at the house for 3 days, the rest of the time, I am made to cook and clean and practically wipe this guy and his friends asses, getting woken up at 8 am and working non stop until 10 sometimes 11 pm. I had no time off, and no way of getting anywhere if I did have time off.
Now, its been one month, and no pay, and now the father tells me because I am not doing what he wants, I need to find a different family to work for…

No comments:

Post a Comment